New member with an Atlas 6" lathe in dire need of parts.

  • paulphelps101
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
      Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope to be sharing some of my time and advice with other's like minded. Now I'm after some parts for my newly acquired 6" Atlas lathe. I bought it very recently and it's a bit tired and neglected. There are a few parts missing and one part that's been redesigned. The parts I'm after are;

      Half nuts and housing
      6" Lathe carriage bearing travel gear

      The other parts I can work around for the time being. I wonder if there's anyone in the UK that can help me as I've never ordered stuff from abroad and don't really know what to do. Still it would be good to hear from anybody that's got one of these dinky lathes. The Drummond I had before wasn't much bigger from recollection it was on a cast stand with a chip tray and was quite heavy. I'm located in Gloucestershire in SW England. When I get round to it and work out how to, I will post some photo's. Thanks...Paul
    • Pip
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
        is your lathe a 618 or a 609? ebay US is a great place to find parts, ive acquired many parts i needed for my 618 from there.

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "paulphelps101" <paulphelps101@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope to be sharing some of my time and advice with other's like minded. Now I'm after some parts for my newly acquired 6" Atlas lathe. I bought it very recently and it's a bit tired and neglected. There are a few parts missing and one part that's been redesigned. The parts I'm after are;
        >
        > Half nuts and housing
        > 6" Lathe carriage bearing travel gear
        >
        > The other parts I can work around for the time being. I wonder if there's anyone in the UK that can help me as I've never ordered stuff from abroad and don't really know what to do. Still it would be good to hear from anybody that's got one of these dinky lathes. The Drummond I had before wasn't much bigger from recollection it was on a cast stand with a chip tray and was quite heavy. I'm located in Gloucestershire in SW England. When I get round to it and work out how to, I will post some photo's. Thanks...Paul

      • Douglas Vogt
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
          You could try Blue Ridge machinery in Virginia, www.blueridgemachinery, but www.clausingsc.com might be more likely to have the parts you need.