Atlas 3991 xfeed bush

  • CVBT
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009
      Hi from Thailand,
      I've got an Atlas 3991 12-36 lathe. I want to replace the crossfeed lead screw shaft bushings. I had an intern make up two bronze bushings and then I remembered that there are some holes for oiling the shaft. The holes are located on the top of the saddle. I don't think I have an original bushing housing nor original bushings. Can someone post a photo of them please? My housing has one oil hole through it. I think it should have 2. I also suspect that the bushings themselves need holes and perhaps distribution grooves. I couldn't figure out how to attach or post a photo on the atlas site so I posted one on mine. You can see a photo of the bushings and saddle in http://www.cvbt-web.org/uploads/Equip/AtlasLathe/ the file name is XfeedBush.jpg Thanks, Geoffrey