help identify

  • millcreek78
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2009
      i have a atlas bench lathe an my modle # says H54 an the swing measures 5 inches from the center of the the chuck to the rail an im haveing a hard time finding info on it an is it a 6 or a5 inch lathe an i need some parts an a manuel. any info wold greatly appriciated!
    • Michael Fagan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 17, 2009
        It's a 10" swing, 36" between centers (the H54 means Horizontal
        countershaft, 54" bed length). Parts can be ordered from Clausing
        Industrial or found on ebay.

        On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 15:07, millcreek78<millcreek78@...> wrote:

        > i have a atlas bench lathe an my modle # says H54 an the swing measures 5
        > inches from the center of the the chuck to the rail an im haveing a hard
        > time finding info on it an is it a 6 or a5 inch lathe an i need some parts
        > an a manuel. any info wold greatly appriciated!

      • JACK SIMS
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 17, 2009
          10" Lathe
          Jack
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 18, 2009
            That is a plain bearing Ten inch lathe without quick change gear box that has a 54 inch bed.

            Do a search on ebay for Atlas Lathe and find everything you might need.

            Barry

            > modle # says H54 an the swing measures 5 inches from the
            > center of the the chuck to the rail an im haveing a hard
            > time finding info on it an is it a 6 or a5 inch lathe an i
            > need some parts an a manuel. any info wold greatly
            > appriciated!

            > To see or edit your personal settings, view the photos,
            > files or links http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlas_craftsman/
            >
            > The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at http://pico-systems.com/cgi-bin/Atlas-wiki/Atlas.cgi
            > Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson
            > at mailto://elson@...!
            > Groups Links
            >

            >     mailto:atlas_craftsman-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • bill phelps
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 18, 2009
              barry let me know what parts you need i have quite a fiew
              on hand  bill

              --- On Fri, 7/17/09, millcreek78 <millcreek78@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > From: millcreek78 <millcreek78@ yahoo.com>

              > Subject: [atlas_craftsman] help identify

              > To: atlas_craftsman@ yahoogroups. com

              > Date: Friday, July 17, 2009, 3:07 PM

              > i have a atlas bench lathe an my

              > modle # says H54 an the swing measures 5 inches from the

              > center of the the chuck to the rail an im haveing a hard

              > time finding info on it an is it a 6 or a5 inch lathe an i

              > need some parts an a manuel. any info wold greatly

              > appriciated!

              > Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/atlas_ craftsman_ projects/

              > To see or edit your personal settings, view the photos,

              > files or links http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/atlas_ craftsman/

              > The Atlas-Craftsman Wiki is at http://pico- systems.com/ cgi-bin/Atlas- wiki/Atlas. cgi

              > Please submit things you think will be useful to Jon Elson

              > at mailto://elson@ pico-systems. comYahoo!

              > Groups Links

              >     mailto:atlas_craftsman- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

            • Barry Young
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 18, 2009
                Thanks Bill, I do not need any parts I was just answering someone elses question.

                Thank you

                Barry

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 18, 2009
                  millcreek78 wrote:
                  > i have a atlas bench lathe an my modle # says H54 an the swing measures 5 inches from the center of the the chuck to the rail an im haveing a hard time finding info on it an is it a 6 or a5 inch lathe an i need some parts an a manuel. any info wold greatly appriciated!

                  In the US, this would be classified as a 10" lathe. Also, the H54
                  sounds like a 10" model number - H for horizontal movement of the
                  countershaft to tighten the belts, no "T" indicates Babbit bearings, and
                  54 means the entire bed length is 54".