Gear question

  • indianfourrider
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 1 11:33 AM
      Friends: I have a late-model A/C 12x36 QC and would like to cut the slowest feed rate in half. I see two ways: change the 40T sliding gear for an 80 or change one of the 48T gears for a 96. (I have neither of these gears!)

      Any other suggestions?
    • Michael Fagan
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 17, 2009
        You want to have the shaft below the cutter and being fed upwards into
        it so that it will tend to push the carriage down into the ways and
        not lift it up.