Re: [atlas_craftsman] Atlas / Craftsman 6" Bearing Question

  • jerdal@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2009
      From: "PeterH" <peterh5322@...>
      To: <atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [atlas_craftsman] Atlas / Craftsman 6" Bearing Question

      > The exceptions may be where it is known that the ABEC 1 or 3 bearing
      > was made to an unusual specification, such as Logan's spindle
      > bearings which were made with zero clearance, and for which there are
      > no replacements available, perhaps not even from the OEM.

      They were made with a slight NEGATIVE clearance, but there is a cure even
      for the positive clearance parts which were supplied as replacements by
      Logan until the problem became known.

      There nearly always is some way around, but it does not do to invoke the
      necessity for such workarounds unless there is a definite problem.

      JT
    • Alden
      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2013
        Dave,
        Hi. I am also restoring a 101.07301. Did you replace the bearing (SKF 465233)? If you did, can you tell me the part number and the supplier?
        Thank you.
        Alden