Homemade quickchange box for sale, taking offers.

  • Rob Hodge
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2009
      more feeling out the waters on this.

      I got this along with my 1930's 12x36 atlas... thought i'd really use it.
      but after getting to use the lathe, i've realized there's other things
      i'd use alot more that selling this might bring me. (like a better
      tool post and a 4-jaw chuck...)
      it's a silly solid piece. somone who made this really went to town on it.
      i have the chart that lists all the speed feeds. it duplicates the
      functionality of the later factory QCGB except it only has the 1-8
      settings.
      but it adds the nifty feature of a 3:1 reduction or a 1:1 ratio
      switchable after the main gearbox. ( this also duplicated most of the
      speeds the 9 setting normaly gives. )

      it mounts on the bench next to the late and locates on a plate that
      bolts to the side of the lathe.
      i haven't mounted it up to the lathe, but the previous owner supplied
      pictures of it when it was attached.

      so, yeah, taking offers on it or even opinions on what it is worth. i
      got it in a lot with an mill attachment and a endmill holder, so i
      don't even have a realistic price of what i paid for it.

      Cheers,
      Rob Hodge
    • ahz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2009
        post some pictures, please

        On May 14, 2009, at 11:09 PM, Rob Hodge wrote:

        > more feeling out the waters on this.
        >
        > I got this along with my 1930's 12x36 atlas... thought i'd really
        > use it.
        > but after getting to use the lathe, i've realized there's other things
        > i'd use alot more that selling this might bring me. (like a better
        > tool post and a 4-jaw chuck...)
        > it's a silly solid piece. somone who made this really went to town
        > on it.
        > i have the chart that lists all the speed feeds. it duplicates the
        > functionality of the later factory QCGB except it only has the 1-8
        > settings.
        > but it adds the nifty feature of a 3:1 reduction or a 1:1 ratio
        > switchable after the main gearbox. ( this also duplicated most of the
        > speeds the 9 setting normaly gives. )
        >
        > it mounts on the bench next to the late and locates on a plate that
        > bolts to the side of the lathe.
        > i haven't mounted it up to the lathe, but the previous owner supplied
        > pictures of it when it was attached.
        >
        > so, yeah, taking offers on it or even opinions on what it is worth. i
        > got it in a lot with an mill attachment and a endmill holder, so i
        > don't even have a realistic price of what i paid for it.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Rob Hodge

      • Rob Hodge
        Message 3 of 4 , May 14, 2009
          here's some pictures of the mounting.

          On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM, ahz <ahz@...> wrote:

          > post some pictures, please
          >
          > On May 14, 2009, at 11:09 PM, Rob Hodge wrote:
          >

          >> more feeling out the waters on this.
          >>
          >> I got this along with my 1930's 12x36 atlas... thought i'd really
          >> use it.
          >> but after getting to use the lathe, i've realized there's other things
          >> i'd use alot more that selling this might bring me. (like a better
          >> tool post and a 4-jaw chuck...)
          >> it's a silly solid piece. somone who made this really went to town
          >> on it.
          >> i have the chart that lists all the speed feeds. it duplicates the
          >> functionality of the later factory QCGB except it only has the 1-8
          >> settings.
          >> but it adds the nifty feature of a 3:1 reduction or a 1:1 ratio
          >> switchable after the main gearbox. ( this also duplicated most of the
          >> speeds the 9 setting normaly gives. )
          >>
          >> it mounts on the bench next to the late and locates on a plate that
          >> bolts to the side of the lathe.
          >> i haven't mounted it up to the lathe, but the previous owner supplied
          >> pictures of it when it was attached.
          >>
          >> so, yeah, taking offers on it or even opinions on what it is worth. i
          >> got it in a lot with an mill attachment and a endmill holder, so i
          >> don't even have a realistic price of what i paid for it.
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >> Rob Hodge

        • Bob Palank
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2009
            Homemade quickchange box looks great and I bet you cut all the gears
            yourself!
            Bob

            _____