Re: [atlas_craftsman] Cavitation Heat Pump

  • TCHare@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2009
      Damn right
      **************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
      Steps!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222376998x1201454298/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=M
      ay5309AvgfooterNO62)

    • catboat15@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 4, 2009
        Isn't that how most car heaters work? Circulate the hot radiator fluid
        through a heat exchanger and blow the warmed air into the cab.
        steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
        =May5509AvgfooterNO115)

      • Richard Hughson
        Message 3 of 13 , May 5, 2009
          Yup, some of the heat of combustion pushes down on the pistons, some goes out the tailpipe and the rest is handled by the cooling system and used to heat the cab. With all that heat to spare, why hook up a cavitation pump? If it really puts out more energy than it makes then use it to power the vehicle and then plug it in to power the house when you're home.
          I'm just saying that this situation hasn't made sense yet. The physical universe is an elaborately recycling food chain. Everything from microbes to stars exists by using something else that came before it. If someone managed to create brand new energy then you'd really have and expanding universe.
          Richard

          Message 4 of 13 , May 5, 2009
            catboat15@... wrote:
            > Isn't that how most car heaters work? Circulate the hot radiator fluid
            > through a heat exchanger and blow the warmed air into the cab.

            That makes great sense, as it is waste heat, anyway. But, this gadget
            is a belt-driven mechanism that converts useful mechanical output from
            the engine into hot water (or steam). If you had no other source of
            heat, it might make sense, but as there is usually ample waste heat from
            the engine, it seems very wasteful.

            Jon
          • Darren Dean
            Message 5 of 13 , May 5, 2009
              I find it amaizing these people actually think we would believe this rubbish

              Darren

              Message 6 of 13 , May 5, 2009
                Darren Dean wrote:
                > I find it amaizing these people actually think we would believe this rubbish

                There's a guy by the name of Griggs that sells boilers that are
                essentially a large drum in a close-fitting cavity, spun by an ordinary
                AC motor. You put water in one end, steam cones out the other. He
                claims you get more steam this way than you'd get from an electric
                boiler, due to ultrasonic vibrations, mumbu-jumbo blah-blah. He backs
                it up with false data that is easily figured out. He is assuming the
                energy content of the hot water going into the boiler is zero. He has
                sold a large number of these units.

                Please let's not start a flame war here about free energy nut-cases.

                Jon
              • budscarp
                Message 7 of 13 , May 8, 2009
                  Greetings everyone,

                  I found this article in Motor Trend Magazine dated May 5 09. Hopefully this "Griggs" fellow is not pulling a fast one on Motor Trend and the companies that plan on using his device in production cars next year.

                  http://blogs.motortrend.com/6232127/technology/webasto-liquid-heat-generator/index.html

                  Bud Baker, Clawson Michigan Atlas 618 and SB 10L.

                  --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:

                  > Darren Dean wrote:
                  > > I find it amaizing these people actually think we would believe this rubbish
                  > >

                  > There's a guy by the name of Griggs that sells boilers that are
                  > essentially a large drum in a close-fitting cavity, spun by an ordinary
                  > AC motor. You put water in one end, steam cones out the other. He
                  > claims you get more steam this way than you'd get from an electric
                  > boiler, due to ultrasonic vibrations, mumbu-jumbo blah-blah. He backs
                  > it up with false data that is easily figured out. He is assuming the
                  > energy content of the hot water going into the boiler is zero. He has
                  > sold a large number of these units.
                  >
                  > Please let's not start a flame war here about free energy nut-cases.
                  >
                  > Jon

                • Elton E. (Tony) Clark
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 8, 2009
                    *Dubious myself but I can think of some applications if it works at all:*
                    **
                    *I remember installing an aftermarket cab with heater and a/c on a new 80 HP
                    Massey Ferguson tractor. We needed to bleed the coolant line to the heater
                    core mounted in the top of the cab. It was about 25 degrees f that day and
                    we moved the unit outside and left it running thirty minutes for the
                    thermostat open and allow circulation. It never got hot enough to open the
                    thermostat! We had to put it on the dyno to get some heat in the motor! I
                    suspect the operator of this unit froze his butt off unless he was really
                    working the tractor. That dang Perkins engine just didn't make much heat
                    'til it was loaded. *

                  • Richard Hughson
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 8, 2009
                      That article sounds a lot more reasonable. It doesn't claim more energy out than in as the original article did. Turbulence creates heat and as long as the device survives it's own cavitation and can be de-coupled when not needed then fine. Although it is another level of complexity for mere convenience.
                      Rick

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 8, 2009
                        budscarp wrote:
                        > Greetings everyone,
                        >
                        > I found this article in Motor Trend Magazine dated May 5 09. Hopefully this "Griggs" fellow is not pulling a fast one on Motor Trend and the companies that plan on using his device in production cars next year.

                        Griggs is selling boilers in the tens of KW size to building operators,
                        claiming it will generate more heat per KW input than a simple electric
                        boiler. At least, I haven't heard of his moving into vehicle heat systems.

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 8, 2009
                          Elton E. (Tony) Clark wrote:
                          > *Dubious myself but I can think of some applications if it works at all:*
                          > **
                          > *I remember installing an aftermarket cab with heater and a/c on a new 80 HP
                          > Massey Ferguson tractor. We needed to bleed the coolant line to the heater
                          > core mounted in the top of the cab. It was about 25 degrees f that day and
                          > we moved the unit outside and left it running thirty minutes for the
                          > thermostat open and allow circulation. It never got hot enough to open the
                          > thermostat! We had to put it on the dyno to get some heat in the motor! I
                          > suspect the operator of this unit froze his butt off unless he was really
                          > working the tractor. That dang Perkins engine just didn't make much heat
                          > 'til it was loaded. *

                          Turbo diesel? Yeah, they will stay pretty cold unless the fuel delivery
                          is cranked way up.