Re: atlas 6" steady rest

  • fischer.frederick
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "azbruno" <azbruno@...> wrote:

      > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "fischer.frederick" <fischer.frederick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Anybody out there know where I can purchase one, clausing is out of stock and I,m looking for another source. Thanks
      > >

      > Contact Jim K, eBay seller tool_magic. He manufactured some that I've heard good things about. I don't see any currently on his auctions, and don't know if he has any in stock now, but can't hurt to ask.
      >
      > -Bruno

      Thanks Bruno I,ll give it a shot Fred
    • fischer.frederick
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "azbruno" <azbruno@...> wrote:

        > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "fischer.frederick" <fischer.frederick@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anybody out there know where I can purchase one, clausing is out of stock and I,m looking for another source. Thanks
        > >

        > Contact Jim K, eBay seller tool_magic. He manufactured some that I've heard good things about. I don't see any currently on his auctions, and don't know if he has any in stock now, but can't hurt to ask.
        >
        > -Bruno

        Thanks Bruno I,ll give it a shot Fred
      • Bruce Rogers
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
          Consider buy a HF steady rest. $27.00. It will take you a half hour to adapt it to your 6" lathe. It should work fine. I bought a steady rest for my 12x36 from them and am very happy.

          http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43579

          Bruce