Value of Atlas change gear set

  • madboy357
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 18, 2009
      Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!

      What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
      price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.

      What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):

      14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
      24t double female keyed
      32t " " "
      32t " " "
      36t " " "
      40t " " "
      44t " " "
      46t " " "
      54t " " "
      56t " " "
      64t " " "
      gear box bevel gear with single male key
      large bushing with 2 male keys
      2 small bushing double female keyed

      Thanks in advance for any help!

      Regards, Ken Locke
    • azbruno
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 18, 2009
        Nice friend. One thing to consider is that it can be very handy to have multiples of change gears as it can give you more options, for less gear changing.

        On the other hand, if you never change them it's probably not important.

        -Bruno

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "madboy357" <madboy357@...> wrote:

        > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
        >
        > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
        > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
        >
        > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
        >
        > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
        > 24t double female keyed
        > 32t " " "
        > 32t " " "
        > 36t " " "
        > 40t " " "
        > 44t " " "
        > 46t " " "
        > 54t " " "
        > 56t " " "
        > 64t " " "
        > gear box bevel gear with single male key
        > large bushing with 2 male keys
        > 2 small bushing double female keyed
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any help!
        >
        > Regards, Ken Locke

      • mondosmetals
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 18, 2009
          Not to mention that spare parts on the shelf are like having negotiable bonds in the safe. Handy to have when you need 'em!

          Seeing as you are interested in negotiating these "bonds" but haven't named a price, I'll start the bidding at $20 for the set.

          I think you should entertain Best Offer off-list.

          raymond

          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "azbruno" <azbruno@...> wrote:

          > Nice friend. One thing to consider is that it can be very handy to have multiples of change gears as it can give you more options, for less gear changing.
          >
          > On the other hand, if you never change them it's probably not important.
          >
          > -Bruno
          >
          > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "madboy357" <madboy357@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
          > >
          > > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
          > > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
          > >
          > > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
          > >
          > > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
          > > 24t double female keyed
          > > 32t " " "
          > > 32t " " "
          > > 36t " " "
          > > 40t " " "
          > > 44t " " "
          > > 46t " " "
          > > 54t " " "
          > > 56t " " "
          > > 64t " " "
          > > gear box bevel gear with single male key
          > > large bushing with 2 male keys
          > > 2 small bushing double female keyed
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance for any help!
          > >
          > > Regards, Ken Locke

        • Donald Pittman
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 18, 2009
            I sure wish I could come across a reasonable(good deal) like that for my 618...I didn't get a single change gear with my aquisition. I imagine you will have no problem finding a home for them.

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 18, 2009
              Hi all from Australia down under[fire ravaged and flooded] am interested in the change gear set that has been mentioned here via the group i have a badly minced up set and from the list i see incomplete.would really like to contact the owner of themĀ  hope i dont tread on any ones toes. John.

              Nice friend. One thing to consider is that it can be very handy to have multiples of change gears as it can give you more options, for less gear changing.

              On the other hand, if you never change them it's probably not important.

              -Bruno

              --- In atlas_craftsman@ yahoogroups. com, "madboy357" <madboy357@. ..> wrote:

              > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
              >
              > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
              > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
              >
              > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
              >
              > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
              > 24t double female keyed
              > 32t " " "
              > 32t " " "
              > 36t " " "
              > 40t " " "
              > 44t " " "
              > 46t " " "
              > 54t " " "
              > 56t " " "
              > 64t " " "
              > gear box bevel gear with single male key
              > large bushing with 2 male keys
              > 2 small bushing double female keyed
              >
              > Thanks in advance for any help!
              >
              > Regards, Ken Locke

              Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox

            • tverhell
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 19, 2009
                I just got a 109 and could use some gears some of mine are rotten I'll raise the bid to $25.
                Tom
                --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "mondosmetals" <jwrey@...> wrote:

                > Not to mention that spare parts on the shelf are like having negotiable bonds in the safe. Handy to have when you need 'em!
                >
                > Seeing as you are interested in negotiating these "bonds" but haven't named a price, I'll start the bidding at $20 for the set.
                >
                > I think you should entertain Best Offer off-list.
                >
                > raymond
                >
                > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "azbruno" <azbruno@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Nice friend. One thing to consider is that it can be very handy to have multiples of change gears as it can give you more options, for less gear changing.
                > >
                > > On the other hand, if you never change them it's probably not important.
                > >
                > > -Bruno
                > >
                > > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "madboy357" <madboy357@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
                > > >
                > > > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
                > > > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
                > > >
                > > > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
                > > >
                > > > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
                > > > 24t double female keyed
                > > > 32t " " "
                > > > 32t " " "
                > > > 36t " " "
                > > > 40t " " "
                > > > 44t " " "
                > > > 46t " " "
                > > > 54t " " "
                > > > 56t " " "
                > > > 64t " " "
                > > > gear box bevel gear with single male key
                > > > large bushing with 2 male keys
                > > > 2 small bushing double female keyed
                > > >
                > > > Thanks in advance for any help!
                > > >
                > > > Regards, Ken Locke

              • Scott Henion
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 19, 2009
                  tverhell wrote:
                  > I just got a 109 and could use some gears some of mine are rotten I'll raise the bid to $25.
                  > Tom

                  The 109 gears are much smaller the the 10H gears.

                  The 618 gears are the same though.

                  | Scott G. Henion| shenion@... |
                  | http://shdesigns.org/Craftsman-12x36/ |
                • tverhell
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 19, 2009
                    Thanks for the info I wasn't sure if they were the same But I would still give $25 for the set.

                    --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Scott Henion <shenion@...> wrote:

                    > tverhell wrote:
                    > > I just got a 109 and could use some gears some of mine are rotten I'll raise the bid to $25.
                    > > Tom
                    > >

                    > The 109 gears are much smaller the the 10H gears.
                    >
                    > The 618 gears are the same though.
                    >
                    > --

                    > | Scott G. Henion| shenion@... |
                    > | http://shdesigns.org/Craftsman-12x36/ |

                  • Wilfred Hoafat
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 19, 2009
                      Hi,

                      I did not realize you wanted to sell here. I hav 618 that I was going to
                      part since it does not have the change gears. I''l be glad to offer $40.00
                      for the set,

                      Thanks,

                      Wilfred

                      _____

                      | Scott G. Henion| shenion@shdesigns. <mailto:shenion%40shdesigns.org> org |
                      | http://shdesigns. <http://shdesigns.org/Craftsman-12x36/>
                      org/Craftsman-12x36/ |
                    • Scott Henion
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 19, 2009
                        Wilfred Hoafat wrote:
                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > I did not realize you wanted to sell here. I hav 618 that I was going to
                        > part since it does not have the change gears. I''l be glad to offer $40.00
                        > for the set,
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Wilfred

                        The 618 are the smaller gears; the same size as the 109.

                        The 10F gears are for the 9, 10 and 12" 101 lathes.

                        | Scott G. Henion| shenion@... |
                        | Consultant | Stone Mountain, GA |
                        | SHDesigns http://www.shdesigns.org |

                        today's fortune
                        I prefer the most unjust peace to the most righteous war.
                        -- Cicero

                        Even peace may be purchased at too high a price.
                        -- Poor Richard
                      • whoafat
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 20, 2009
                          Madboy,
                          Further down this thread I made you and offer for $40.00 for this set. I have a 101 618 sries Craftsman that I am restoring. If you should accept, or counter offer, let me know what form of payment you desire. I have PayPal and can also send electronics check using my credit union,
                          Wilfred
                          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "madboy357" <madboy357@...> wrote:

                          > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
                          >
                          > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
                          > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
                          >
                          > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
                          >
                          > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
                          > 24t double female keyed
                          > 32t " " "
                          > 32t " " "
                          > 36t " " "
                          > 40t " " "
                          > 44t " " "
                          > 46t " " "
                          > 54t " " "
                          > 56t " " "
                          > 64t " " "
                          > gear box bevel gear with single male key
                          > large bushing with 2 male keys
                          > 2 small bushing double female keyed
                          >
                          > Thanks in advance for any help!
                          >
                          > Regards, Ken Locke

                        • wheezer
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 20, 2009
                            Ken,

                            I have both a 10 Atlas and a 12 Craftsman.
                            The 12 has NO gears, just the banjo.
                            According to Scott, your gear set would
                            complete my 12 and act as spares for the 10.

                            Since the bid at $40 was made assuming they would
                            fit a 618/109, I'll offer $40 based on Scott's assessment
                            that they will fit the 10/12.

                            Paypal+4%, check, cash.... your choice.

                            lance
                            ++++

                            On Mar 20, 2009, at 12:56 AM, Scott Henion wrote:

                            > Wilfred Hoafat wrote:
                            > > Hi,
                            > >
                            > > I did not realize you wanted to sell here. I hav 618 that I was
                            > going to
                            > > part since it does not have the change gears. I''l be glad to
                            > offer $40.00
                            > > for the set,
                            > >
                            > > Thanks,
                            > >
                            > > Wilfred
                            > >
                            > The 618 are the smaller gears; the same size as the 109.
                            >
                            > The 10F gears are for the 9, 10 and 12" 101 lathes.
                            >
                            > --
                            > | Scott G. Henion| shenion@... |
                            > | Consultant | Stone Mountain, GA |
                            > | SHDesigns http://www.shdesigns.org |
                            >
                            > today's fortune
                            > I prefer the most unjust peace to the most righteous war.
                            > -- Cicero
                            >
                            > Even peace may be purchased at too high a price.
                            > -- Poor Richard

                          • Michael Michalski
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 21, 2009
                              I think the 10" and 12" lathes use different gears than our 618s

                              ________________________________
                              Further down this thread I made you and offer for $40.00 for this set. I have a 101 618 sries Craftsman that I am restoring. If you should accept, or counter offer, let me know what form of payment you desire. I have PayPal and can also send electronics check using my credit union,
                              Wilfred
                              --- In atlas_craftsman@ yahoogroups. com, "madboy357" <madboy357@. ..> wrote:

                              > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
                              >
                              > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
                              > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
                              >
                              > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
                              >
                              > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
                              > 24t double female keyed
                              > 32t " " "
                              > 32t " " "
                              > 36t " " "
                              > 40t " " "
                              > 44t " " "
                              > 46t " " "
                              > 54t " " "
                              > 56t " " "
                              > 64t " " "
                              > gear box bevel gear with single male key
                              > large bushing with 2 male keys
                              > 2 small bushing double female keyed
                              >
                              > Thanks in advance for any help!
                              >
                              > Regards, Ken Locke

                            • whoafat
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 22, 2009
                                Ken,
                                I replied earlier today but believe that message was aborted. Are you still selling these gears. If so, I can use on either my 10-in craftsman or 618; whichever they fit on. The 618 needs change gears and motor mount. The 10-inch is operational but lacks the change gears. I had made and offer of $40 and I am open to counter offer should you decide to sell,
                                Wilfred
                                --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "madboy357" <madboy357@...> wrote:

                                > Hello all, A good friend just gifted me a set of change gears for my Atlas 10TH lathe---a great gift, but I already have a full set of change gears!
                                >
                                > What I am looking for is a good friendly 'buy it now
                                > price where I can offer them for sale and get a fair value and give someone a good deal. I do not use eBay or have access to their completed auctions, so no help there.
                                >
                                > What I have is the following, all in very good usable condition (need a cleaning):
                                >
                                > 14t 3/8 bore non-keyed gear
                                > 24t double female keyed
                                > 32t " " "
                                > 32t " " "
                                > 36t " " "
                                > 40t " " "
                                > 44t " " "
                                > 46t " " "
                                > 54t " " "
                                > 56t " " "
                                > 64t " " "
                                > gear box bevel gear with single male key
                                > large bushing with 2 male keys
                                > 2 small bushing double female keyed
                                >
                                > Thanks in advance for any help!
                                >
                                > Regards, Ken Locke

                              • Rob Hodge
                                Message 15 of 15 , Mar 22, 2009
                                  if they don't fit yours and might fit mine, i'd be interested too.

                                  just got my first lathe.
                                  a 1935 12x36 atlas. it came with no change gears apart from what is on
                                  it as it sits.