Craftsman (atlas) Model 101.07403

  • bdixon1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2000
      Hello!

      I'm new here and hope to find this group helpful.
      I have a craftsman lathe model 101.07403 which according to one
      picture i saw on a website looks like what they call a 12x36. I
      measurerd it and it measures about 57" in length (the whole machine).
      I have all the usual questions one would ask - when was it made, is
      it a good lathe (one people want), and of course, what's it worth! It
      runs great and i know the person who used it did alot of metal work
      back in the day. Anyway, it was well cared for, i know the
      lubrication on the tracks needs to be cleaned with solvent to get
      the "varnished" oil off, i know it will clean up real well(has been
      in garage/shop for 10 years<guessing> unused), it has the original
      paint job on it and maybe even original motor? It has no rust as it
      was well lubricated (the gears still have grease on them) and only
      the usual scrathes one would expect from normal use (you know how the
      older generation cared for things like it should last forever) . It
      runs great! I have parts that look like drill bits, others look like
      for cutting pipe/screw threads(all sizes), "tips" about a 1/2 dozen
      or so maybe more for cutting. It looks more sturdy than the lathes
      i've seen on Ebay, and even though i'd like to sell it, i guess i
      want to know what im giving up. Obviously i'm not a machinist, but my
      great, great uncle was. Thanks in advance for all your comments and
      or offers!

      Bill Dixon