Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: A few dumb questions

  • Michael Michalski
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 1, 2009
      Also,on that subject,turning can create tiny splinters of metal that are much like wood splinters but dont soften when they get embedded in your skin,they just work their way in. Make sure you wear eye protection so those and the bigger peices that go flying) don't end up in your eyes. (Had a chip melt to the plastic lense of a pair of prescrption glasses,at which point I realized I was an idiot and wore the damn saftey glasses. Could have just as easily been hot metal in my eye) Another thing to watch is those long strings that sometimes come off a part. They can be like razor blades,especially on steel. Turn the machine off and remve them with pliers. Also,it seems reasonable to wear gloves,buy dont. They can get cauight in the machinery.

    • Jacjie Rochelle
      Message 44 of 44 , Mar 3, 2009
        OK, Mr. Kepler.  I bow to your expertise & yield.

        A.  It has nothing to do with lathes.
        B.  Sorry I tried to help those whining about a problem.
        C.  It's always a bad idea to try to teach a pig to sing.

        You win.