Re: [atlas_craftsman] Lathe tool & accessory storage - Words of wisdom?

  • Michael Fagan
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2009
      I store drill chucks and other morse taper tooling in drilled wooden
      blocks, heavier chucks and collet sets live on a shelf between the
      stretchers of my lathe bench (both parts for my Atlas 618 as well as
      my 8" Wade 8A toolmaker's lathe). Tools live in one of two Kennedy
      top boxes and a Husky lower cabinet with roller bearings. When I'm
      actually working on the lathe, I keep parts and tools at hand on a
      piece of nonskid matting on a heavy-duty swinging arm designed to
      support a large monitor. See http://tinyurl.com/ca9x7s (this picture
      was taken before the lower shelf-thus the chuck sitting on the bench).