Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Replacing Spindle Timken Bearings, 10/12"

  • casy_ch@tbwil.ch
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
      Yes, for sure, both must be replaced as a set.

      Jean-Claude, Switzerland

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hi,

        I've never looked at my bearings, but after turning some irregular shaped material, which caused a lot of vibr

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
          Hi,

          sorry about the previous part message, when I accidentally hit send. I have never looked at my bearings, but after turning some irregular material, which caused a lot of vibration, I noticed that the shaft was moving. I tightenned the adjusting collar until there was no play and then put on about 1/8 turn extra. All seems ok, but is there a procedure for doing this correctly?

          Regards

          James