Atlas TH 54

  • dee.schuyler@gte.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2000
      Well I finally got the lathe home and set up on a new bench, and
      fired it up for the first go around. Turn's out I may not have made
      such a great deal!
      The power feed lever would hang up, and it was very hard to get it
      free, checking further most of the gears in the reverse gear case
      assy
      will require replacing, as will the miter gears in the carriage, and
      while I am at it I am going to order the half nuts.
      now according to my parts book which is May of 2000 I am looking at
      about $350. plus. Maybe I should just part it out and look for
      another one?
      Any thoughts
      Thanks In Advance
      Dee
    • Tim Clarke
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2000
        --- In atlas_craftsman@egroups.com, dee.schuyler@g... wrote:
        > Well I finally got the lathe home and set up on a new bench, and
        > fired it up for the first go around. Turn's out I may not have made
        > such a great deal!
        > The power feed lever would hang up, and it was very hard to get it
        > free, checking further most of the gears in the reverse gear case
        > assy
        > will require replacing, as will the miter gears in the carriage,
        and
        > while I am at it I am going to order the half nuts.
        > now according to my parts book which is May of 2000 I am looking at
        > about $350. plus. Maybe I should just part it out and look for
        > another one?
        > Any thoughts
        > Thanks In Advance
        > Dee

        Hi, Try giving Dave Sobel a call at 201-768-9645 Has had lots of
        atlas parts. Or at least he did. Parts also appear on ebay, I've
        seen enough parts to build a couple lathes in the last year.
        Best of luck
        Tim
      • J-Charles Godin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2000
          --- In atlas_craftsman@egroups.com, dee.schuyler@g... wrote:
          > Well I finally got the lathe home and set up on a new bench, and
          > fired it up for the first go around. Turn's out I may not have made
          > such a great deal!
          > The power feed lever would hang up, and it was very hard to get it
          > free, checking further most of the gears in the reverse gear case
          > assy
          > will require replacing, as will the miter gears in the carriage,
          and
          > while I am at it I am going to order the half nuts.
          > now according to my parts book which is May of 2000 I am looking at
          > about $350. plus. Maybe I should just part it out and look for
          > another one?
          > Any thoughts
          > Thanks In Advance
          > Dee

          I would like to know if it's a 10" or 12" swing.
          I have a Atlas 10" QC-54 (54" bed) and need some parts.
          J-Charles