Re: Tony ; (still wishing he had got'em an 101 or a 618)

  • cc
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
      Funny thing: For 15 years a friend at work has been telling about his deceased father's Atlas lathe in the basement of his mother's house. It is near Charleston, WV! But not for sale.... Cord, Waldport, Oregon

      <snip>Never!! is anything in the Wheeling CL
      BTY OK, I am in Moundsville WV, Close to Wheeling WV.
      Thanks, Tony<snip>
    • Michael Michalski
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
        I hope he has made sure it has a good coat of oil on it. I can understand why someone would keep something like that,even if they dont use it,it has sentimental value.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
          Missed another one. There was a Logan 920 on Cleveland CL, No quick
          change gear box,
          had a OE 3 jaw chuck, not sure of the change gears with it,He mentioned
          some other things. I wrote him last night, as it was too late to call,
          Was going to call this AM, but the AD is gone.It just went in some time
          yesterday. OH Yea, $200.00.
          Tony

          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "ant30dio" <ant30dio@...> wrote:

          > Thought it was an Atlas at first glance.
          > http://cleveland.craigslist.org/tls/941133257.html
          > In the 1st picture on the left, it sort of looks like it.
          > I notice he has it on blocks to fit a chip pan under it.
          > Looking again, I think that's what might have threw me off.
          > Looks like it has a chuck and A live center.
          > I see a jacobs type drill chuck in the back ground too.
          > Wonder if it has the full gear set with it?
          > Not really a bad price either.

        • James Walther
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
            Charleston? I have been in the former "Chemical Valley" for 20 years and have found it to be a very tool poor town. If it wasn't used in the chemical industry or coal mining, it's not here! I had to go to Kentucky for my 12x36 and paid way more than five Franklins!

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 4, 2008
              He was a surgeon and got it from a hospital in the 60's or early 70's. It is in primo condition I am told.

              <SNIP>Posted by: "James Walther" indianfourrider@... indianfourrider
              Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:42 pm (PST)
              Charleston? I have been in the former "Chemical Valley" for 20 years and have found it to be a very tool poor town. If it wasn't used in the chemical industry or coal mining, it's not here! I had to go to Kentucky for my 12x36 and paid way more than five Franklins!<snippet>