12X36" LATHE

  • JACK SIMS
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
      I have a Craftsman/Atlas 12x36" lathe with the motor under the bed in its cabinet/stand.
      The Model # is 101.2897
      Serial # is 002878
      Can anyone tell me about when this machine was built.
      Thanks
      Jack Sims

    • angelo4967
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
        Try this

        http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/page3.html

        Angelo

        > I have a Craftsman/Atlas 12x36" lathe with the motor under the bed in
        its cabinet/stand.
        > The Model # is 101.2897
        > Serial # is 002878
        > Can anyone tell me about when this machine was built.
        > Thanks
        > Jack Sims

      • Al Basham
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
          Jack,

          I have the same model # on my lathe with a zero on the end, serial #004007,
          cast inside the rear of the bed about the center are the #'s 058-016
          9-2-59. I think that's the number of the pattern and the date cast. I
          haven't found any other information about when it was manufactured or sold.
          I've used a lot of very nice lathes, this lathe is more than adequate for
          most of my work and it fells like an old friend.

          Good Luck .. Al Basham

          _____

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
            Have you had a look at the info in the Group files section on models and
            dates ?

            Kind Regards,

            Carvel