Re: Bearing size ?

  • pelallito1
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
      Peter and James
      My first WAG about the problem was off.:>( I looked at it closely
      today and had gathered the tools too disassemble the lathe. I took
      some of the belts off and was starting to take it apart when I
      realized that I had another problem that I did not know about. One of
      the pulleys had slipped and was rubbing against the block. When I
      finally got it to move back, everything started working right. I
      adjusted the belts and test ran the lathe. It sounded great, just
      hummed quietly. It made me sigh with relief! :>)
      I guess I don't have to replace the bearings yet. I will probably run
      the lathe a lot over the weekend to make sure everything is right.
      Thanks for the help.
      Regards,
      Fred