RE: [atlas_craftsman] Introduction

  • Phil Morris
    Message 1 of 40 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hi James -

      I am very familiar with Murphy. When I was young, my dad owned an acreage at Hwy 78 and Murphy Rd. We used to hunt there along the creek but now it is all developed residential.

      Yes. That was me who beat you to the lathe. He had posted it late the night before and I just happened to catch the posting right after it went up. I met him as soon as he got off work the next day. He said he'd had a ton of calls which removed any chance of a negotiation so I paid his $150 asking price. It was a bit of a mess but I have it all cleaned up, mounted on a bench and running nicely. My wife doesn't even ask any more when this stuff comes in. My shop is crammed with wood working equipment so the lathe is in the garage.

      Phil

      To: atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.comFrom: james.rice@...: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 00:02:45 -0500Subject: Re: [atlas_craftsman] Introduction

      Hi Phil,I live in Murphy, sandwiched between Wylie and Plano, so we're almostneighbors. Did you pick up that 6x18 from Craigslist recently? Isaw a Mk2 listed in Garland but by the time I replied, someone elsewas going over to look at it at 7pm and they told me I was number 2 toget it if it didn't sell. SYMBO probably would have killed me if Ihad hauled in another lathe last month. If that was you I'm glad itwent to someone who would appreciate it.I have a plain bearing Craftsman 6x18 and a 101.07403 12x36, verysimilar to a TH54 Atlas.James-- www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Wayward and Orphaned Computers

    • Jerry Freeman
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 2, 2011
        Hi, David.

        Yes, that’s the email address I used. The email address I emailed you from is jerry@.... I’m resending the email.