Hello everybody

  • wonderer_wonderer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 11:04 PM
      This is my first post

      About 8 years ago I bought a Atlas 6 in. Mk.2 lathe model 10100 (my 2nd
      machine) My first was ENCO Unimat 3...
      Haven't used it much yet, only have operating instruction & parts list
      book.
      On some forums it has been mensioned that there is a oiling chart (a
      small one is in the manual) Is there a bigger one that can be printed
      up & be mounted on the wall as a reminder.In otherwords does anybody
      have better picture or lube chart that can be printed out, thanks..

      Also is S.A.E.#20 the only oil used as a lubricant + grease on
      gears.....

      In my wondering on differnt lathe sites they talk about way oil for the
      bed of the lathe & spindle oil....

      The lathe is in good shape and I would like to keep it that way

      Thanks in advance for your answers - - - Steve L.
    • indianfourrider
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 4:59 AM
        Also is S.A.E.#20 the only oil used as a lubricant + grease on
        > gears.....
        >
        > In my wondering on differnt lathe sites they talk about way oil for
        the
        > bed of the lathe & spindle oil....
        >
        > The lathe is in good shape and I would like to keep it that way
        >
        > Thanks in advance for your answers - - - Steve L.

        Steve,

        Check the posts from the past week or so and you will find a wealth of
        knowledge and opinions on the subject of lubrication.

        Welcome!

        Jim
      • n8as1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 9:28 PM
          In a message dated 4/2/2008 6:59:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
          indianfourrider@... writes:

          Also is S.A.E.#20 the only oil used as a lubricant + grease on
          > gears.....

          just a tad of STP will quiet the gear train down & last ...still on same can
          maybe 40 yrs?..cant remember now
          best wishes
          docn8as

          ps also great if u need to run a dead center in t/stock