Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Problems with tightening 3 jaw...

  • Dave Clements
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 3, 2008
      For real delicate stuff I sometimes Super Glue the part to the chuck
      jaws so I don't have to tighten to destruction. It's a good idea to Have
      the Super Glue Remover on hand.

      Dave Clements
      Sport Scouts & Antique Electronics

      LouD31M066@... wrote:
      > No discouragement intended, just a bit of design detail to keep in mind.
      > I have used the bull moose approach, engage back gear, chuck in large
      > hex wrench and whack away....fortunately the chuck came loose before
      > the gears stripped...not wisest thing I have ever done. Suggest solvent
      > (your choice of brand) and heating chuck might do job without having
      > results that prompt you to say "Oh Golly" or "Fudge" ...assuming your
      > vocabulary is more limited than mine.
      > Louis
      >

      > **************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
      > (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025
      > 48)

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Steve Mayall
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 10, 2008
        Hi Ed

        That in a nutshell is exactly what I think of this kind of forum. It's full
        of loads of people and tons of expertise, all of who are happy to share
        their experiences, good and bad. I've only been a member for a couple of
        weeks, but have learned shedloads since I joined.

        Best wishes to all....

        Steve