Re: [atlas_craftsman] Dutch question: Do I have a Craftsman or not?

  • Joe R
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
      There are too many things that don't look like it's a Atlas/Craftsman. You can look at the different brands here and can maybe identify it.
      http://www.lathes.co.uk/index.html

      Joe R.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
        Yes I did already I search the website for about 40% already.
        I also looked at other sites and groups but nothing.

        I see alot of same parts on the lathe also some things that are not
        the same but overal the craftsman . atlas looks more familiar than
        others.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
          Maikel Lindsen wrote:
          > Is there anyone who can help me out.
          >
          > I just purchased a lathe, it is completely restored but the techniscian
          > who did the refurbishment died before he put the brandplates back on.
          >
          > Now I have it and I am curious if it is a craftsman or not.
          > I sure hope it is because this is a great yahoo group to be part of.
          >
          > Ofcourse it is an European version and I took some pictures of it.
          >
          > The Album is named Dutch One, is it or isnt it.
          >
          > I hope some of you will take a look and hopefully confirm it is one...
          > Or if not maybe you can tell me what it is than
          Nope, nothing at all like an Atlas. The leadscrew is BETWEEN
          the ways - mechanically a good plan to get the screw as close to
          the center as possible, but it gets covered by the chips, so it
          needs a guard or something. Is this a 6" lathe?

          Jon
        • Glenn N
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
            Kinda looks like a Myford more than an Atlas. The flat ways are the best clue as to what it might be. The only thing resembling an Atlas is the flat ways. Any chance it is a Myford bed, carraige and tailstock with something like a drummond headstock??
            Please let us know if you find out more about it.

            Glenn
            Medford, OR
            Yes I did already I search the website for about 40% already.
            I also looked at other sites and groups but nothing.

            I see alot of same parts on the lathe also some things that are not
            the same but overal the craftsman . atlas looks more familiar than
            others.

            --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Joe R" <jromas@...> wrote:

            > There are too many things that don't look like it's a
            Atlas/Craftsman. You can look at the different brands here and can
            maybe identify it.
            > http://www.lathes.co.uk/index.html
            >
            > Joe R.

            Yahoo! Groups Links