Dutch question: Do I have a Craftsman or not?

  • Maikel Lindsen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
      Is there anyone who can help me out.

      I just purchased a lathe, it is completely restored but the techniscian
      who did the refurbishment died before he put the brandplates back on.

      Now I have it and I am curious if it is a craftsman or not.
      I sure hope it is because this is a great yahoo group to be part of.

      Ofcourse it is an European version and I took some pictures of it.

      The Album is named Dutch One, is it or isnt it.

      I hope some of you will take a look and hopefully confirm it is one...
      Or if not maybe you can tell me what it is than

      Thanks in advance

      Maikel
    • Joe R
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
        There are too many things that don't look like it's a Atlas/Craftsman. You can look at the different brands here and can maybe identify it.
        http://www.lathes.co.uk/index.html

        Joe R.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
          Yes I did already I search the website for about 40% already.
          I also looked at other sites and groups but nothing.

          I see alot of same parts on the lathe also some things that are not
          the same but overal the craftsman . atlas looks more familiar than
          others.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
            Maikel Lindsen wrote:
            > Is there anyone who can help me out.
            >
            > I just purchased a lathe, it is completely restored but the techniscian
            > who did the refurbishment died before he put the brandplates back on.
            >
            > Now I have it and I am curious if it is a craftsman or not.
            > I sure hope it is because this is a great yahoo group to be part of.
            >
            > Ofcourse it is an European version and I took some pictures of it.
            >
            > The Album is named Dutch One, is it or isnt it.
            >
            > I hope some of you will take a look and hopefully confirm it is one...
            > Or if not maybe you can tell me what it is than
            Nope, nothing at all like an Atlas. The leadscrew is BETWEEN
            the ways - mechanically a good plan to get the screw as close to
            the center as possible, but it gets covered by the chips, so it
            needs a guard or something. Is this a 6" lathe?

            Jon
          • Glenn N
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
              Kinda looks like a Myford more than an Atlas. The flat ways are the best clue as to what it might be. The only thing resembling an Atlas is the flat ways. Any chance it is a Myford bed, carraige and tailstock with something like a drummond headstock??
              Please let us know if you find out more about it.

              Glenn
              Medford, OR
              Yes I did already I search the website for about 40% already.
              I also looked at other sites and groups but nothing.

              I see alot of same parts on the lathe also some things that are not
              the same but overal the craftsman . atlas looks more familiar than
              others.

              --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Joe R" <jromas@...> wrote:

              > There are too many things that don't look like it's a
              Atlas/Craftsman. You can look at the different brands here and can
              maybe identify it.
              > http://www.lathes.co.uk/index.html
              >
              > Joe R.

              Yahoo! Groups Links