Re: slightly O/T shipping was Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Need Crank for 12" Atlas/Craftsman Lathe Milling Attachment

  • Charles Gallo
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 1, 2007
      On 12/1/2007 jerdal@... wrote:

      > They ALSO said that boxes can fall 15 feet to a concrete floor, if they come
      > off the conveyors, and that we should plan for that.

      Makes me thing of the day, OH, many years ago, when I was stuck waiting for my flight in Rochester NY - I was watching a baggage handler from the terminal window. He hops up into the belly of this jet (don't remember which kind) and he disappears for a bit. A minute or to later, a HUGE brown box, that barely fit through the cargo do appears in the door - with HUGE labels "FRAGILE" and "THIS END UP" etc - and the guy just pushed it out the door to the tarmac - no belt outside, etc - just let it drop the 4 ft or so...

      That was the day I realized that labels meant nothing - but shock sensors and tip indicators DO, when you pay for service for them NOT to be tripped

      --
      73 de KG2V

      For the Children - RKBA!

      Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's hand grenades I throw...
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 1, 2007
        ErnieA wrote:
        > To this membership and moderator:
        > I apologize for anything in my post that could have been construed as
        > calling an esteemed list member a "liar".
        I sure didn't see any such inflammatory words, but I could have
        missed it. Anyway, I think we have beat this topic to death,
        although how to ship machines and parts is of interest to a
        number of us, as we fix up machines and add accessories. I've
        had a lot of gear shipped to me, with a wide variety of results.
        Every time I think I've done a great job of protecting something
        I ship out, I might get a rude surprise.