Atlas (Craftsman) Lathe and MFC Mill

  • dblclutchr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hello I have recently found your site. I and my brothers and sister are
      recent owners of a Craftsman 12 by 36 metal lathe and a Atlas MFC mill.
      Our dad was a machinist, trained during the korean war. He recently
      past, he had a small machining shop in his garage that we are looking
      at selling. These machines are in as good shape as when he bought them
      in the 60's. There is also all the accesories that are used in a small
      shop. I have a Craftsman power tool cataloge from 1953 with the lathe
      and mill in it. They were priced at 250.00 and 363.00 at that time. I
      don't know what he paid for them when he bought them in the sixties.
      The model number on the lathe is 101 28940 and on the mill there are
      the letters MFC. Does anyone have more info on these? Or know what they
      are worth? Thanks