Free Lathe

  • a6fac
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi, Fellows
      I was sent (in error, I suppose) an email from a guy who has an Atlas
      10" or 12" lathe, missing some parts, that he wants to give away.
      After saying someone else took the cast iron legs, he says: {{{{I
      have the rest of the lathe outside, slushed with oil and under a
      tarpaulin. I have not done any sort of checks on the lathe, but the
      bedways are not scored nor do they look to have any really visible
      wear. The smaller cranks on the compound and cross slide and half nut
      lever were all borken off (Zamak parts are pretty fragile and whomever
      had this lathe was no machinist). I am in NY State, in the Catskill
      region. I do not want to junk the remains of this lathe. If you or
      someone needing this lathe would want to pay crating/freight, you can
      have what is left of this lathe. My wife is sick of seeing it sitting
      under its tarp alongside the garage. If you are interested, I will dig
      it out and get the numbers off the lathe.}}}}
      His name and email address:
      Michaels, Joe [Joe.Michaels@...]
      Hope this is of interest to someone in the group.
      Bill Hardin
      www.homeshopsupply.com
      Craftsman 109 Lathe Support
    • bus444yellow
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "a6fac" <william.hardin@...>
        wrote:
        >Bill I know how you feel I was duming a trailor load of junk at the
        land fill and in a box with other metal junk as a 12" lathe I took it
        out with some help, brought it home and eventually restored it.See
        Craig lathe. The things that people throw away amazes me.