Thread cutting

  • tedburford
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 1, 2007
      I have been a member of this group for a long time, but have not been
      reading the posts for a few years. I am interested in cutting some
      Helical threads on my 12" Atlas-Craftsman lathe. Has anyone done that?

      Ted
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 23, 2016
        That's probably what most people do.  Either that or buying a ready-ground one in either HSS or carbide.

        Robert Downs - Houston

        In a message dated 03/23/2016 10:42:34 AM Central Daylight Time, atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Yes, that is the tool. I have looked in several catalogs and could not find one. I thought maybe people were just grindind a regular 60 deg tool bit.

        Posted by: c.hinton@...