Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: New owner

  • n8as1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 30, 2006
      In a message dated 11/30/2006 8:37:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      redwitch1@... writes:

      Funny,
      I've been using the lead hammer to remove chucks for thirty years and never
      damaged anything. Perhaps you were a bit to zealous in using your hammer or
      you didn't use one made of lead. It does make a difference.
      Cheers,
      Jay Greer

      makes a fifference if u make sure the gears do not have any slack in them
      when u bang away ..running start does cause problems....i have put an oak 4x4
      between jaws & jumped on it (200#)..15 in lathe ( 2 guys keeping me from
      falling all over the place)

      best wishes
      docn8as

    • Joe R
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2006
        Here's a link for info/parts for the 101. series lathes.
        http://www.homeshopsupply.com/

        Joe Romas

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 29, 2012
          Hi Group, we just acquired an Atlas TH54 for $200 with a whole box of tooling. We just tucked into the corner of the shop for now and will get to it in the next few weeks to clean it and level it onto the stand. It's dirty cause it was in a wood shop so lots of sawdust, but no rust!! It was well oiled when it was put there. It looks like someone has jury-rigged the motor mount as it is a piece of 4"angle and I don't think that is original design. The motor and back gear are off it as the drive belt broke and PO had taken it off to try to replace it and there it sat for 22 years. We got the parts break down in the box but the PO thinks he has the actual owners book, that would be a bonus! I am going to tear it right down and clean and repaint it as I re-assemble it. Should be simpler than restoring the Lotus we just finished!
          Cheers
          Dennis
          Sent from Dennis' iPhone