old Craftsman bandsaw

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2006
      I have this old blue thing, model 103.0101 (or
      103.01.01), and I'm told it was made for Craftsman by
      King-Seeley. Was just wondering if anyone on the list
      has one, and what you do for blades. Seems I'm going
      to have to make my own, have the stock already (metal
      cutting blade), and was just interested in some
      thoughts.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • xlch58@swbell.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2006
        You can get about any size you would want from MSC.

        Charles

        Chris M wrote:

        >I have this old blue thing, model 103.0101 (or
        >103.01.01), and I'm told it was made for Craftsman by
        >King-Seeley. Was just wondering if anyone on the list
        >has one, and what you do for blades. Seems I'm going
        >to have to make my own, have the stock already (metal
        >cutting blade), and was just interested in some
        >thoughts.

      • drifter1951
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2006
          As for the blades ... many years a go I picked up an old Walker Turner
          band saw that had an odd blade lenght ... as I recall it was 1"
          shorter that the stock size that Sears sold, and still sells. I just
          put a piece of 1/2" plate under the top support where it was bolter
          together and then it was able to fit the off the self blade lenght ...
          dunno if your band saw will do this, but it's something to check out.

          Drifter
        • donkaseisi@wmconnect.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2006
            i have the same band saw it is a 10"band saw and takes a 63" blade go to
            pswood.com they can make the blades up for you

          • Jay Greer
            Message 5 of 6 , May 27, 2006
              I have a ten inch Atlas that takes an 81" blade. My local saw shop makes
              them up for me. I would imagine that any good saw shop would do the same
              for you.
              Cheers,
              Jay Greer
              on 5/27/06 7:51, donkaseisi@... at donkaseisi@... wrote:

              > i have the same band saw it is a 10"band saw and takes a 63" blade go to
              > pswood.com they can make the blades up for you

              > Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • James Davis
              Message 6 of 6 , May 31, 2006
                If your saw is the 12", it should take an 80" blade, which is stocked by lots of
                suppliers for that very saw.

                I have a 12" 103.something and recently bought both a metal and a wood
                cutting blade. I put a counter shaft on mine and reduced the speed with
                pulleys. It's a great time saver cutting steel angle and thin plate. Used it to
                make a cover for the gears of my (not-Atlas ) lathe from 1/8" steel.

                Jim in Maine