dfm/belt ratio's/o60502date/time08:41

  • DennisF MacIntyre
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2006
      For oakman 2001:- With regard to belt ratios ( Atlas 9" pulley low speed): I have noticed how clothes dryer engineers have used a spring loaded idler to enable them to get more surface contact to be able to reduce the driving pulley size to from around 1/2 or 5/8 inch diameter for driving the rotating drum at a low speed without having to use a compound speed reduction. Even if you do need a jack shaft to multiply your ratios I have wondered if this would reduce the size of the driven pulleys needed.
      dennis mac

    • Michael Fagan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2006
        Kind of like this application with a Powergrip GT-2 Timing belt
        You can see the belt in this rendering out of Inventor
        http://engineer.la.mvla.net/robotics/inventor/2006/gearbox3.jpg
        And this photo
        http://engineer.la.mvla.net/robotics/images.php?view=323030362f70686f746f732f50617274734e4275696c64696e672f44534330303134332e4a5047

        --
        "To go where no [sane] man has gone before"