Atlas Attachment

  • Bob Moorman
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      I'm looking for a Atlas gear-cutting attachment within the membership
      of the forum. Thank you.
      God Bless,
      Bob Moorman
      Trinity Texas
    • dicks42000
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Moorman" <k5vmx@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for a Atlas gear-cutting attachment within the membership
        > of the forum. Thank you.
        > God Bless,
        > Bob Moorman
        > Trinity Texas

        Dear Bob;
        With a bit of imagination and some measurements off of your change
        gears, you might be able to build on using the pic(s) in the Atlas
        manual. Failing that, maybe Atlas/Clausing still have a copy of the
        blueprint around somewhere....I might still try to duplicate what the
        picture shows & post drawings on here.
        Rick (ve7hrf)
      • dheylen dheylen
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2006
          HI Bob,
          I need to make gears too. I'm just starting to look
          today so what you have found out at this point would
          help.
          Thanks Dewayne dheylend@... my ee address

          --- dicks42000 <dicks42000@...> wrote:

          > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Bob
          > Moorman" <k5vmx@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm looking for a Atlas gear-cutting attachment
          > within the membership
          > > of the forum. Thank you.
          > > God Bless,
          > > Bob Moorman
          > > Trinity Texas
          > >
          > Dear Bob;
          > With a bit of imagination and some measurements off
          > of your change
          > gears, you might be able to build on using the
          > pic(s) in the Atlas
          > manual. Failing that, maybe Atlas/Clausing still
          > have a copy of the
          > blueprint around somewhere....I might still try to
          > duplicate what the
          > picture shows & post drawings on here.
          > Rick (ve7hrf)

          > Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at

          > To see or edit your personal settings, view the
          > photos, files or links
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Earl Bower
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2006
            Bob and all,

            Give me a little time to find it and I will post (with the moderators
            blessing) a copy of the attachment.

            The original drawing is too large (17 x 22) to scan and post but I have a
            copy of the same attachment that I obtained in the 70's that is the same.
            It came from a company that has been long gone.

            The only problem with the attachment is that it is 1 to 1 and you must have
            a gear of the same teeth to cut a gear.

            The one gear that will be a problem is the 23 tooth gear. You will need a
            23 tooth gear to index to cut a 23 tooth gear (that is why I have a dividing
            head to cut my gears with).

            I will be in the shop all day but will hunt it up and add it in the file
            section later tonight.

            Earl Bower
            www.bowermachineandtool.com
            elbower@...

            >> I'm looking for a Atlas gear-cutting attachment within the membership
            >> of the forum. Thank you.
            >> God Bless,
            >> Bob Moorman
            >> Trinity Texas
            >>
            > Dear Bob;
            > With a bit of imagination and some measurements off of your change
            > gears, you might be able to build on using the pic(s) in the Atlas
            > manual. Failing that, maybe Atlas/Clausing still have a copy of the
            > blueprint around somewhere....I might still try to duplicate what the
            > picture shows & post drawings on here.
            > Rick (ve7hrf)
          • dheylen dheylen
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2006
              HI Bob,
              I just found this sit, the info. there look very good.

              http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/gear/gear1.html

              Good Luck, Dewayne