leadscrew gearhbox

  • Rex Burkheimer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
      I have a 10f I am considering parting out.
      Basically what I have:

      Leadscrew gearbox
      leadscrew
      tailpost
      carriage assembly, feed gearbox is cracked, crossfeed drive key is
      stripped. I'll separate the crossfeed assembly if two people want
      components.
      Bed 42" avg condition, with feet
      Some change gears
      2 lantern toolposts in good condition
      a bunch of toolholders for the above - left, right, threading, knurling
      Headstock is babbit, only thing usable is the spindle
      Much of it was removed to convert it to a DC variable-speed drive, so
      all the gears were gone.
      The condition of this thing is marginal, I can either rebuild it or
      part it out.

      If I can get close to ebay prices for all the above, to however many
      addresses, I'll part it out.
      Does anyone need anything besides that gearbox?

      Rex Burkheimer

    • Tom Lander
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
        Dear Rex,

        Tom Lander here,

        Iv'e been trying to get a #9-303 tool post slide off ebay for a few months.
        The last 2 went for over $75, new from Clausing they are $108 so I still
        hold my opinion that ebay prices are way out of line.
        I really only need the slide but would take the whole (#10-301X) compound
        rest assembly.

        Let me know, lander@...

        > I have a 10f I am considering parting out.
        > Basically what I have:
        >
        > Leadscrew gearbox
        > leadscrew
        > tailpost
        > carriage assembly, feed gearbox is cracked, crossfeed drive key is
        > stripped. I'll separate the crossfeed assembly if two people want
        > components.
        > Bed 42" avg condition, with feet
        > Some change gears
        > 2 lantern toolposts in good condition
        > a bunch of toolholders for the above - left, right, threading, knurling
        > Headstock is babbit, only thing usable is the spindle
        > Much of it was removed to convert it to a DC variable-speed drive, so
        > all the gears were gone.
        > The condition of this thing is marginal, I can either rebuild it or
        > part it out.
        >
        > If I can get close to ebay prices for all the above, to however many
        > addresses, I'll part it out.
        > Does anyone need anything besides that gearbox?
        >
        > Rex Burkheimer

        > Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • rburkheimer
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
          Hi Tom
          I agree that's a silly price for just that piece.
          So far you are the only responder to my inquiry. I'll call that spoken
          for and see if anyone else needs anything before I decide.

          For those looking for reverser parts, someone posted all the pieces
          on ebay today.

          Rex

          --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Lander" <Lander@z...> wrote:
          > Dear Rex,
          >
          > Tom Lander here,
          >
          > Iv'e been trying to get a #9-303 tool post slide off ebay for a few
          months.
          > The last 2 went for over $75, new from Clausing they are $108 so I still
          > hold my opinion that ebay prices are way out of line.
          > I really only need the slide but would take the whole (#10-301X)
          compound
          > rest assembly.

        • Tom Lander
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
            Thanks for keeping me in mind. We are going to be out of town until the 9th
            visiting my folks. If you don't mind I will email you when we return

            Tom
            www.LanderLand.com