[atlas_craftsman] Re: Some parts recently replaced

  • Harry Wade
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 1999
      At 09:02 PM 1/6/99 -0800, you wrote:
      >all scared up. These are pot metal parts that turn around a steel Sleeve
      >P/N 9-73A. Apparently they must have gotten hot enough to melt the inside
      >surface and the metal then re-hardened in a funny pattern. (snip)
      >John D.L. Johnson

      John,
      This is not likely, you would have seen smoke. However the potmetal,
      which is actually Zamak (zinc-aluminum) does scar or gall easily, and I
      have seen any number of die cast Zamak parts (not necessarily Atlas) which
      were mal-formed or incomplete due to cold flow in the mold. A combination
      of these two could make them appear as though they were melted.

      Regards,
      Harry Wade
      10 x 36 and 6 x 18

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/atlas_craftsman