Re: [atlas_craftsman] Age of Craftsman lathe

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2005
      In a message dated 5/6/2005 2:16:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com writes:

      discrepancy somewhere. The price is $212 in 1948, $230 in 1949. In 1948
      the 99 TM 2075 is $210 at $21 per month.

      Thanks Bill, that kind of narrows it down a bit. I purchased a Craftsman 12
      X 36 with QC gear along about 195X something and paid about $1000 or so. I
      later lost that lathe by a divorce. She sold all my tools after I came home to a
      "soft front porch". (If you don't know what a soft front porch is: it is
      when you come home from work and find all your clothes in front of the door on
      the porch, can be a shock when your hours go to after sundown.)
      Oh Well, live and learn, but miss that heavier lathe with the thicker ways
      and the QC.

    • KDSpriggs
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2005
        > "soft front porch". (

        Or "Loose packed", thats when they throw your cloths out in the yard.