Pallet rack tricks

  • Frank Perdicaro
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2005
      Pallet rack is a good thing to use. I used it several years ago
      when moving a J-head Bridgeport.

      Here are a few other tricks.

      -- Use short (8') cross pieces _outside_ the frame to act as
      outriggers. No racking is possible with such a setup, but you do
      have to bolt it together.

      -- In my case I used 4 2*10s laminiated together across the
      top rails. The 2*10s were grouped in pairs and the pairs blocked
      apart with some scrap. Across the top I mounted a winch, directly
      in the center of the frame.

      -- Tall pallet rack with plenty of spare cross members is
      nice because you can use it to unload heavy stuff from any
      pickup, medium truck or even flat bed semi. Just drive underneath,
      set up the rack, pick up the object and drive the truck/trailer away.

      -- Pallet rack has to be the best thing on earth for stacking
      firewood.