Re: New owner of Atlas 618; 1"x10 backing plate

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2005
      Hello Bernie,

      Thank you for the good lead on the backing plate. Their chucks seem
      like a fair deal as well.

      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, bdmail <bdmail@o...> wrote:
      > Hello Tom,
      >
      > I bought a 1x10 4inch backplate from an Ebay seller last year for
      $15.00.

      > His name is "hhip"

    • bdmail
      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2005
        Here is one more for the record at LittleMachineShop.com

        http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=1791

        Here is a page of the other ones they offer:

        http://www.littlemachineshop.com/Info/spindles.php

        Bernie

      • john patterson
        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2005
          durn you cant beat that price at all, at one time making tools and parts was a lot of fun. but then i realised that i was taking all my time on tools that a lot of times just sit on the bench. Well is set the atlas up to day and ran it found out right off the bat I have to get a new capaticor for the moter but thats no big deall. Right now its apart and most of it is in the soak tank. do you know any one that has a spec sheet for this lathe? i saved to the one that in the files on the group but for some reason its to blurry to read

          bdmail <bdmail@...> wrote:Here is one more for the record at LittleMachineShop.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • bdmail
          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2005
            Do you mean instructions or a parts breakdown?

            Bernie