Craftsman 101.xxxxx

  • thistletopfarms
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
      If my memory serves me correctly this lathe has a tailstock reamed
      for #1 Mortis taper. Is this right, I would like to make sure before
      I order and on and on a different note, where can I find wood turning
      spurs that have no taper? I would like to just chuck up the spur but
      don't think it would work well on a tapered shaft.
    • azbruno
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "thistletopfarms" <goat@s...>
        wrote:

        > If my memory serves me correctly this lathe has a tailstock reamed
        > for #1 Mortis taper. Is this right, I would like to make sure
        before
        > I order and on and on a different note, where can I find wood
        turning
        > spurs that have no taper? I would like to just chuck up the spur
        but
        > don't think it would work well on a tapered shaft.

        You need to fill in the x's if you want the right answer. The 6"
        lathes have a #1 MORSE taper, while the 10" and 12" lathes have a #2
        Morse taper.

        -Bruno
      • dswr@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
          The 6" swing Sears 101. does have a MT#1 in the tailstock ram. BUT, the
          other size swings have a #2, I believe.

          Can't help on the straight shank spurs.

          Leo (pearland, tx)