[atlas_craftsman] Re: 12" tailstock

  • dmino@msn.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 1999
      I'll take It! What are you asking for it? Thanx.

      <36e67caf.b1d431b-@...> wrote:
      Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/atlas_craftsman/?start=336
      > Hello,
      > I may be able to help somewhat.
      > I have a "lever type" tailstock that fits the 12" inch verision of thelathe shown in this picture:
      > http://www.toast.net/~thibault/Atlas_Picture.htm
      > Please contact me if interested,I'd make anyone interested a nice deal on it.
      > BTW,can anyone tell me the model number of the lathe shown in the above picture??
      > I seem to have(actually I know I do)a lathe that was sold to one of these "mystery" companies and converted to something else in it's first life,hence it has no proper model# or serial
      > #attached anywhere.
      > Thanks
      > Tom
      >

      > dmino@... wrote:
      >
      > > I am looking for a source for two tailstocks and possibly change gears for two Atlas 12*36 Lathes. The lathes are in excellent shape just need some parts. Please Help!!!! dmino@...

      > > eGroup of the Day:
      > > "QueerLaw" - Discuss queer legal theory, sexual orientation and The Law.
      > > http://offers.egroups.com/click/240/0
      > >
      > > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/atlas_craftsman
      > > Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/atlas_craftsman
    • Charles Gallo
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 1999
        Tom,
        Of course, I bought a 10" Lever tailstock this weekend, and I'm shimming
        it 1" to make it fit my 12 - That's life
        At 08:07 AM 3/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        > I may be able to help somewhat.
        >I have a "lever type" tailstock that fits the 12" inch verision of
        thelathe shown in this picture:
        >http://www.toast.net/~thibault/Atlas_Picture.htm
        > Please contact me if interested,I'd make anyone interested a nice deal on
        it.
        >BTW,can anyone tell me the model number of the lathe shown in the above
        picture??

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/atlas_craftsman
      • Ronald Thibault
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 1999
          At 08:07 AM 3/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hello,
          > I may be able to help somewhat.
          >I have a "lever type" tailstock that fits the 12" inch verision of thelathe
          shown in this picture:
          >http://www.toast.net/~thibault/Atlas_Picture.htm
          > Please contact me if interested,I'd make anyone interested a nice deal on it.
          >BTW,can anyone tell me the model number of the lathe shown in the above
          picture??
          >I seem to have(actually I know I do)a lathe that was sold to one of these
          "mystery" companies and converted to something else in it's first life,hence
          it has no proper model# or serial
          >#attached anywhere.
          >Thanks
          >Tom

          Tom;
          The lathe is a Model# 101.07380. As best I can determine it is
          about 70 years old. It has just a 32 tooth tumbler gear. The newer lathes
          (about late 30s) of the same design have a combination 16 and 32 tooth gear,
          but are otherwise almost identical.

          Ronald Thibault
          North Augusta, SC USA

          Builder Miinie #2