Re: [atlas_craftsman] Replacing a spindle belt

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2004
      I have never had to replace a spindle belt on any one of my Craftsman or
      Atlas lathes, but under my philosophy of "If it ain't broke don't fix it." What
      I would do is to buy a length of "Twist lock" belt and replace the belt
      without removing the spindle. A further advantage of the link belts are that
      reports here in the groups report reduced vibration from old belts that may have
      taken a set over the years. I am planning to get some of the link type belts
      and replace the belts on my lathe although neither the motor to countershaft,
      nor countershaft to spindle is in danger of breaking right now.

      John Meacham
      in the high desert of California
      12 inch Atlas, Minimill, HF bandsaw
      rusty file