Re: 101.21400 pulley query

  • azbruno
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2004
      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "retiredhuachuca"
      <wayneg@i...> wrote:
      > Folks - Pardon the bandwidth. Just wanted to report what
      information
      > I found out from my previous post.
      >
      > I called Clausing 574 533-0371 and the lady was nice enough to
      > check the prints. For those with interest, the two step motor
      pulley
      > is 3.25-1.75 and the two step counter shaft pulley is a 4.5-3.5.
      > They run $90.44 and $113.05 respectively [ouch]
      >
      > "Dubbya"

      FYI, I've seen an ebay seller just recently start to sell newly
      machined aluminum pulleys for these lathes. I've seen the four step
      and both 2 step pulleys for under $25 delivered (each) and some have
      gone without bids. Any reason they're being ignored?

      -Bruno
    • mark Schuknecht
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2004
        Yes I'm looking for 3/8's pulleys. What is the e-bay number or does this Guy have a direct address. Please pass along any information that you may have.

        azbruno <azbruno@...> wrote:--- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "retiredhuachuca"
        wrote:
        > Folks - Pardon the bandwidth. Just wanted to report what
        information
        > I found out from my previous post.
        >
        > I called Clausing 574 533-0371 and the lady was nice enough to
        > check the prints. For those with interest, the two step motor
        pulley
        > is 3.25-1.75 and the two step counter shaft pulley is a 4.5-3.5.
        > They run $90.44 and $113.05 respectively [ouch]
        >
        > "Dubbya"

        FYI, I've seen an ebay seller just recently start to sell newly
        machined aluminum pulleys for these lathes. I've seen the four step
        and both 2 step pulleys for under $25 delivered (each) and some have
        gone without bids. Any reason they're being ignored?

        -Bruno

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • mark Schuknecht
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2004
          Yes, I have the same problem and I'd be interested in any specifications, Pic's or infro on your redesign that you may have. My e-mail address is Agtail@... Send me anything that you have got. Thanks

          joekott1 <joekott@...> wrote:I ran into the same problem when I rebuilt my countershaft assembly. I
          opted to re-design the entire countershaft rather than shell out the
          big bucks for the stepped pulleys (on my lathe the pulleys, the
          countershaft, and the bushings were totally beyond repair).

          Just for reference, I estimated the ratio between the pulley diameters
          as closely as I could and purchased 4 relatively inexpensive single
          diameter pulleys of the "correct" sizes. To replicate the 2 step
          pulleys I slide the pulleys off and replace them to get the
          countershaft speed I want. There is a bit more to it than that but you
          get the jist of it - I can post pix if anyone is interested. It took
          some fine tuning to get the belt length correct - thank goodness for
          those link belts.

          To be honest this is a bit of a pain in the you know what but I rarely
          need to change the pulleys so it isn't a big deal in my case. I think
          all in I might have a total of $50 into the entire countershaft redesign.

          wrote:
          > Folks - Pardon the bandwidth. Just wanted to report what information
          > I found out from my previous post.
          >
          > I called Clausing 574 533-0371 and the lady was nice enough to
          > check the prints. For those with interest, the two step motor pulley
          > is 3.25-1.75 and the two step counter shaft pulley is a 4.5-3.5.
          > They run $90.44 and $113.05 respectively [ouch]
          >
          > "Dubbya"

          Yahoo! Groups Links