scroll chuck

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      Ok simply question. What is a scroll chuck? Never heard of one.

      Jon
    • mertbaker
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
        In a scroll chuck, the jaws are moved simutaneously by turning a flat
        spiral ridge, called a scroll because it looks like the end of a rolled
        Torah.
        Mert

        MertBaker@...
        > Ok simply question. What is a scroll chuck? Never heard of one.
        >
        > Jon

        > Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • William Abernathy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
          Jon: Mert is, as usual, spot on. The only thing I should add is that you already
          own a scroll chuck, one with three jaws instead of the two we've been
          discussing. Next time you have the jaws off your three-jaw chuck, look down the
          open slots and you can see the scroll (looks like a spiral) in the back.

          --William A.

        • LouD31M066@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
            Yeah, and while you are at it make sure the jaws are in the slots they are
            assigned...
            surprising how they manage to roam around.....
            Louis