Re: [atlas_craftsman] New Member

  • LouD31M066@aol.com
    Message 1 of 322 , May 5, 2004
      The Clausing Atlas organization still supports your lathes with documentation
      and
      many (not all) parts. Probably the best thing to do initially is to call and
      order your
      Owner's Manual, current Parts Price List and Catalog (price in $5.00 area.)
      The identification tag on bed of lathe gives Make, Model and Serial Number
      that
      and your credit card ready when you call.
      (574) 533-0371 Goshen,Indiana
      At some point you may wish to order the Manual of Lathe Operations too($25.00
      range.)
      My experience is that a thorough cleaning and lubrication should be
      undertaken
      prior to attempting to use lathe. You may discover you have wear, breakage
      and missing
      items to address first. The Owner's Manual illustrations will prove very
      useful in
      disassembly/reassembly and in identifying missing or broken items. Skill
      level
      required: average...some parts are no longer available and will have to be
      scrounged
      or made. If your lathe happens to be ready to go as is count your blessings.
      Most will need at least tlc.
      Louis

      Message 322 of 322 , Mar 27, 2013
        Chuck,

        Go to Photos and create an album (folder).  Then add (upload) photos.  After you are done with that, or whenever you want to, go to Files, scroll down to Atlas or Atlas-Craftsman Lathes, click on that and download the 10F manual.

        Robert D

        In a message dated 3/27/2013 4:18:05 AM Central Daylight Time, cholmes2@... writes:
        Thanks Robert for the info, sadly there is no tag anywhere on the machine other than the Atlas tag on the gear cover. I have figured out by looking at photo's that it is a model F, 10" swing. If you can, send me directions on how to post photo's and i will put some up.

        Chuck

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, wa5cab@... wrote:

        >Hi ?,
        >
        >On the Atlas machines, the model number was originally on a nameplate
        >either on the back side or right end of the bed.  If the nameplate is present
        >quote it and Serial Number when you upload the photos.  If missing, state bed
        >length (36, 42, 48 or 54 inch), swing (6, 9, 10 or 12 inch), bearing type
        >(ball, tapered roller, bronze sleeve or babit) and diameter of lead screw (1/2,
        >5/8 or 3/4 inch).
        >
        >Robert D
        >
        >In a message dated 3/26/2013 10:25:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
        >cholmes2@... writes:
        >>Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I recently aquired an Atlas
        >>lathe though I do not know the model, year etc. Once I figure out how to
        >>attach photo's I will post some in hopes that you folks can help me
        >>identify it and point me in the right direction for manuals, parts. etc.

        Robert & Susan Downs - Houston