Lathe at auction...

  • LouD31M066@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 6:58 PM
      It was not too far out of my way so I stopped by the auction to look at the
      small metal
      lathe offered for sale...
      Turns out to be a Craftsman Atlas 6inch with steady rest, milling attachment,
      two
      four jaw and one 3 jaw chuck, draw bar and collets, and the usual assortment
      of
      tooling and bit. Funny thing is the lathe looked well used (by the way it
      appeared
      to be the sintered bronze oilite bearing model) but, the milling
      attachment,the follower
      rest, chucks and collet setup appeared unused. I now think I should have
      stayed just
      to follow the bidding, but, It had been a long day and no telling when the
      auctioneer
      would get to it. I looked a around and saw other interesting things...looks
      like I will
      have to visit their auctions...never know whats out there.
      Louis

    • Ron Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2004
        Where was this auction??

        Ron
        Houston, TX

[...]

        Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • LouD31M066@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2004
          Memphis, Michigan...oops I let out a secret...
          Louis