Re: [atlas_craftsman] Re: Draw bar for 10inch Atlas

  • Buckshot
    Message 1 of 64 , Dec 31, 2003
      Louis,

      You can tell from my original comments (I remembered the 9/5 fraction) that
      they TRIED to teach it to me in the late '60s.

      I think it actually stuck until they tried to cram the rest of the metric
      system down our throat and the brain went into "OVERLOAD = REJECT" mode.

      Buckshot

      Message 64 of 64 , Jan 2, 2004
        atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Message: 16
        > Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:11:53 -0500
        > From: "Buckshot" <buckshot@...>
        > Subject: Re: Draw bar for 10inch Atlas

        > I CANNOT IMAGINE ever using a fly cutter while milling in/on the lathe! It
        > is just not rigid enough a setup for this!

        Just did a bunch of flycutting using a 3" diameter cutter on a bunch of
        6061 blocks and some hot roll blocks. Worked better than I expected -
        keep the tool sharp and a slow, constant feed.

        Just picked up a real omniversal milling machine so I expect once that's
        setup, my days of milling on the Atlas will be over. But it can be done
        if that's all you've got (which was certainly my situation).

        --
        Chris Herzog Software Technologies Group, Inc.
        mailto:zog@... http://www.stg.com