Re: [atlas_craftsman] Digest Number 1611

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      In a message dated 9/3/2003 9:00:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Figured out the tailstock
      > setover and turned the taper for MT1 between centers. (It measures
      > damn close and fits the tailstock with no wiggle, or binding.)

      Congratulations, Turning a good morse taper is not easy using tailstock set
      over. I hope you measured the fit by scribing a line down the center with
      chalk and giving it a twist. If everything is hunky-dory the chalk will be rubbed
      off the full length of the center.
      John in the high desert of California
      12 inch Atlas
      Mini Mill