Re: [atlas_craftsman] Annealing copper

  • mertbaker
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 2, 2003
      Infringed. It has been, of course, but you are not supposed to notice as it
      is not PC to notice, or say anything about it.
      Here's how it works: in the name of "public safety" here in MA, there was
      instituted a "Fireams owner's card", it cost 2 bux and was "good until
      revoked." This set the stage; no one found the idea objectionable, even the
      NRA. If you had a gun, bb rifle, can of mace, whatever, you needed a FA ID
      card, so the pols would know where to go to confiscate 'em.
      Next step: AS long as the $2 card was OK, they made 'em expire every 4
      years, and the renewal was 25 bux. Neat, eh? As soon as that got
      swallowed without any legislators being tarred & feathered, the fee, just
      now, was rasised to 100 dollars. Guess what one will cost next year? Bet on
      a grand, and when you decide not to bother, the SWAT team cops will arrive
      at every home which had one of the 2 dollar ones, and using "no knock" entry
      with a battering ram, all of 'em dressed in black, with ski masks, & armed
      with machine pistols, (made in Germany) and steal all the "WMDs" in the
      name of homeland security. Whose security? That of the pols, natch, who
      else has the stomach for this? Infringed indeed.

      Mert

      MertBaker@...
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 2, 2003
          >Infringed. It has been, of course, but you are not supposed to notice as it
          >is not PC to notice, or say anything about it.
          >Here's how it works: in the name of "public safety" here in MA, there was
          >instituted a "Fireams owner's card", it cost 2 bux and was "good until
          >revoked."

          OK, guys, we've gone from a metalworking thread to guns, the French,
          and politics. Let's stay within "shooting distance" of metalworking
          topics, if you can!

          Jon (moderator)
        • n8as1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 2, 2003
            In a message dated 8/2/2003 4:20:54 AM Central Standard Time,
            Charlie@... writes:

            > 73
            > KC2IXE
            >
            > For the Children - RKBA!
            >
            > Haben Sie sehr viel Furcht, denn ich bin mit Gewehr gut.

            > if u are very much afraid,then i am well armed...?????? w/ reference to
            > ??????
            > Sadam / Adolph/ Stalin ?

            best wishes
            doc n8as

          • x xx
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 2, 2003
              Bravo zulu, Doc. The construction is imperative. Thus a more correct idiomatic translation would be: "Be careful, this gun is loaded!" or "Back off, or I'll shoot" . The German, as given, is nearly as stilted as the literal translation: "Have much fear, for I'm good with a gun"

              Jon'll be after us again! Let's all back off and get back to lathing.
              Sam

              Charlie@... writes:

              > 73
              > KC2IXE
              >
              > For the Children - RKBA!
              >
              > Haben Sie sehr viel Furcht, denn ich bin mit Gewehr gut.

              > if u are very much afraid,then i am well armed...?????? w/ reference to
              > ??????
              > Sadam / Adolph/ Stalin ?

              best wishes
              doc n8as