Moto tool as tp grinder

  • tailshaft56
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2003
      I have a phase ii qc tool post and was thinking of buying an extra
      tool holder and adapting it to hold moto tool as this would allow me
      to adjust the height just as you would with any other tool bit.
    • jdmichael2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
        Yes, perfectly feasible. It wouldn't require and extra holder
        though. You can make its mount with a steel key on the back side
        that clamps in your existing holder like a square toolbit.

        Jan

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "tailshaft56" <DCOVEY@D...>
        wrote:
        > I have a phase ii qc tool post and was thinking of buying an extra
        > tool holder and adapting it to hold moto tool as this would allow
        me
        > to adjust the height just as you would with any other tool bit.
      • Ken Tjomsland
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
          Maybe this link would be helpful: http://www.cctrap.com/~varmint/alath.htm#Toolpost_Grinder

          Regards,
          Ken Tjomsland

          wrote:
          > I have a phase ii qc tool post and was thinking of buying an extra
          > tool holder and adapting it to hold moto tool as this would allow
          me
          > to adjust the height just as you would with any other tool bit.

          Ken Tjomsland234 N. 50 Ave.Longview, WA 98632360-636-3663

        • tailshaft56
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1 6:55 PM
            --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "jdmichael2001"
            <jdmichael@a...> wrote:

            > Yes, perfectly feasible. It wouldn't require and extra holder
            > though. You can make its mount with a steel key on the back side
            > that clamps in your existing holder like a square toolbit.
            >
            > Jan
            >
            > --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "tailshaft56"
            <DCOVEY@D...>
            > wrote:
            > > I have a phase ii qc tool post and was thinking of buying an
            extra
            > > tool holder and adapting it to hold moto tool as this would
            allow
            > me
            > > to adjust the height just as you would with any other tool bit.
            Thats a good idea.