[atlas_craftsman] Re: narrow belts for M6 lathe

  • Edwin P. Ziarko
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
      "vincent kurpan" <vince-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/atlas_craftsman/?start=26
      89
      > Where the heck do you get the proper width belts for the 6" lathe. I
      am currently using 3/8" (3L series) belts which are too wide. I have
      looked in Granger and McMaster-Carr and not even they carry them. I am
      about ready to try and make up some round leather belts from 5/16"
      stock. I did not see belts listed in the Clausing spare parts or teh
      Blue Ridge web site, etc.. so I'm not sure where to look.

      > Vince.

      Vince,
      I recently replaced the belts on my 6" Atlas (101.21400) with a 3L210
      (motor to countershaft) and a 3L360 (countershaft to headstock pulley)
      from Grainger.
      Both seem to work fine with no noticeable overhang. My lathe dates
      back to the early 60's with the original pulleys. Can't imagine why the
      3/8" belts don't fit.
      Ed Ziarko