Auction

  • WDSmith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      "Auction fever" does that to people. "Auction phobia" causes you to be
      afraid to bid $5 to win the same item. Had P.T. Barnum actually said the
      "sucker born" thing, he would have been right :o)

      WDSmith

      ====
      <snip>I expected the bidding to start at about $500.00, it
      started at $1000.00. While I was clearing my throat to say yes it
      passed $1400.00. Final price including sales tax $2495.50.
      Comments?
    • Charles Gallo

        On 6/2/2003 WDSmith wrote:

        > "Auction fever" does that to people. "Auction phobia" causes you to
        > be afraid to bid $5 to win the same item. Had P.T. Barnum actually
        > said the "sucker born" thing, he would have been right :o)

        > WDSmith
        <snip>

        To quote a good friend of mine: "My old boss used to say, 'PT Barnum
        was wrong - there are 2 born every minute, in case one dies'"

        Charlie

        - --
        73
        KC2IXE

        For the Children - RKBA!

        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.