6 inch Atlas

  • lander31us
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
      I have a 6 inch atlas that has the timken bearings in the head stock.
      I would like to install a Bison 5inch 5C collect chuck. The chuck and
      the face plate for it weight around 15 pounds. Can the head stock and
      bearings handle this much weight?
      Thanks
      Terry
    • LouD31M066@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2003
        Before you try this consider the very high cost of a new spindle ($200.00
        area new from Clausing Atlas) and the time and effort required to remove and
        replace spindle and all attached items. Seems to me 15# and overhang is just
        asking for trouble.
        Louis