Unknown gears

  • Bill Hardin
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
      For you Atlas users, I bought a Craftsman 109 this week and it appears to
      have a couple of what may or may not be Atlas parts in the box. I'm not set
      up for Atlas yet, so let me know if this is of use to someone. Two gears:
      first looks like standard thread gear, maybe 3-1/8" dia, marked 9-101 48A,
      3/4" double key center, 3/8" thick. Not sure of the second. Steel, about
      3-7/8" diameter, 5/8" single key center hole, machined, not cast, only
      marking number 2248, maybe 60 teeth. Measurements with plastic desk ruler,
      counts with Jack Daniels (It is a snowy night). Anyone have need?
      Thanks
      Bill Hardin
      www.homeshopsupply.com
      Craftsman & Atlas Lathe Support

    • John Glowacki
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
        Bill, I could use some of that Jack Daniels.

        John Glowacki

        > For you Atlas users, I bought a Craftsman 109 this week and it appears to
        > have a couple of what may or may not be Atlas parts in the box. I'm not
        set
        > up for Atlas yet, so let me know if this is of use to someone. Two gears:
        > first looks like standard thread gear, maybe 3-1/8" dia, marked 9-101 48A,
        > 3/4" double key center, 3/8" thick. Not sure of the second. Steel, about
        > 3-7/8" diameter, 5/8" single key center hole, machined, not cast, only
        > marking number 2248, maybe 60 teeth. Measurements with plastic desk
        ruler,
        > counts with Jack Daniels (It is a snowy night). Anyone have need?
        > Thanks
        > Bill Hardin
        > www.homeshopsupply.com
        > Craftsman & Atlas Lathe Support

        > Atlas-Craftsman Projects list is at

      • Bill Hardin
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
          John
          I guess the wording was somewhat ambiguous in the last sentence.

          Bill Hardin
          www.homeshopsupply.com <http://www.homeshopsupply.com>

        • n8as1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
            60 t gear,16 pitch has correct bore for logan /wards .....maybe someone on
            logan list is in need .......# teeth +2 / O.D. = pitch

            best wishes
            docn8as